About Cornell Meteorology Alumni Weekend
Greetings from Cornell! On behalf of the Cornell Chapter of the American Meteorological Society (CCAMS), it is our pleasure to invite you to our annual Alumni Weekend. The past many alumni weekends have been a great success, and we hope that you will join us this year. The events take place on a Friday and Saturday in late April. (Please check back here for more information as plans develop.)
We kick off the weekend with a reception in the 11th floor classroom of Bradfield Hall on Friday night. This is a great time for you to catch up with old friends and to mingle with the current Cornell Meteorology students, faculty, and staff. On Saturday morning, an alumni panel discussion allows you to share your experiences and life lessons with the current students. Your thoughts and insight will be greatly appreciated, so we encourage you to participate. In the afternoon, a casual barbeque will be hosted by our very own Grillmaster Mark Wysocki. The weekend concludes with an even more informal get-together in Collegetown Saturday night.
While you are back in Ithaca, you will be able to hear about the many exciting activities in which CCAMS is involved. We look forward to your attendance at this year's Alumni Weekend. This is such a special event for uniting Cornell Meteorology past and present. Your past experiences in Bradfield and your current successes in the field have uniquely shaped the current reputation of our program, and we would love to hear your stories.
Schedule of Events
Friday April 19th:
- 8pm-10pm: Wine and Cheese Welcome Reception in Bradfield 1102
Saturday April 20th:
- 10am-11am: Alumni Panel Session and Brunch
- Noon-3pm: BBQ @ Cass Park
- 4pm-5pm: Matt Noyes Speaker Event
- 9:30pm: Collegetown Social Event
Directions to Bradfield 1102/Emerson 135
- Bradfield and Emerson are located off of Tower Road on the Cornell Campus. There is some parking across the street from Bradfield on Tower Road next to the soccer field. Bradfield and Emerson are connected on the ground floor and Emerson 135 and the elevators can be accessed through any of the ground level entrances to Bradfield.
Directions to the Cornell Recreation Center Pavillion
- The CRC (Cornell Recreation Center) Pavilion is off of Hanshaw Road. If you take rt. 13 North, and turn right at the light at Hanshaw, continue straight at the corner where the road turns right, the gate will be open.